Exhibition promotion
Exhibition Promotion
These are all the designs I experimented with while creating promotion for the exhibition, which in these I have also called a northern soul night. There is quite a bit of variety in these, however they all have a similar kind of style, I created series of three in each style so if these were my chosen final designs for promotion there would be a series to go alongside my final series of images. My actual final series of promotion will be in another post.
This design does not have a series as it was one of the first styles I created taking inspiration from some of the images on my promotion mood board that have more of a hand made feel. I tried this as some of the authentic northern soul mood boards I found did have a quite hand made feel to them, however I decided that although it matches original promotion a bit more than some of my others, I felt the design was not strong enough.
This design does not have a series as it was one of the first styles I created taking inspiration from some of the images on my promotion mood board that have more of a hand made feel. I tried this as some of the authentic northern soul mood boards I found did have a quite hand made feel to them, however I decided that although it matches original promotion a bit more than some of my others, I felt the design was not strong enough.
This is the first series I created, it has similarities with my final promotion, however I think these pieces are more of a simple version of that. I didn't take much inspiration from authentic northern soul promotion in my pieces however, this is party intentional, as throughout my project there has been an underlying theme of modern northern soul, or modern indie as we would call it, and I feel because these pieces are for a modern exhibition and I have used models who fit in the category modern indie, my style should have a more contemporary feel to them rather than a retro, vintage vibe.
In all three of these series I have continued with the layered style to create a detached, blurred look, however in these the same image was used throughout the pieces, I did this as I wanted the promotion to be more about the night rather than my brief concept, having just a hint of abnormal in the pieces is a link to the concept while also focussing on the actual reasoning behind the promotion.
These two series' come in the same style, with only one slight change, I have included both in this post, one, because i couldn't decide which one I thought worked the best and two, as a way to show my thinking and experimentation through the process. Again both of these have a similar style to the first in that the text and composition of the text are similar and as mentioned I have continued with the blur effect, however I feel as though these are more simple, especially the ones above.
The series below I think would be may chosen out of the two to exhibit as I think the blur affect and then layering over the original image creates another sense of detachment from reality, giving another small nod to my concept without it being overly obvious.










Comments
Post a Comment