Favourite Images from the City Hall shoot
Favourite Images from the City Hall shoot
These images were handpicked as my favourite outcomes from the City Hall shoot, they include at least one image from each category. I think these images show a good mix of each aspect of the concept, from friendship, to dancing, to emotion and escapism.
I added a grainy effect to these images, the same effect that is used in my mood boards as I think it makes the images look a bit more authentic to the time the Northern soul scene was big, it gives a retro vintage look as if the images were taken in the 70s rather than 2019. Also the lighting and flashlight in some of these images creates a more vintage look and makes them look a bit more like they weren't taken on a photo shoot but rather an actual northern soul night.
I picked these as my favourites as I think the composition of these works the best out of all the images taken and the poses and expressions on the models faces show the kind of feelings we wanted. This concept was never about smiling happy faces, we tried to show the joy and excitement through the movement, the emotions we wanted to show were meant to be more detached from the physical situation of being in a dance club, The emotions are about realisation and detachment.
Throughout experimentation and promotion t is these images and similar ones I will use the most as for the style I want to portray I think these will be the most effective
These images were handpicked as my favourite outcomes from the City Hall shoot, they include at least one image from each category. I think these images show a good mix of each aspect of the concept, from friendship, to dancing, to emotion and escapism.
I added a grainy effect to these images, the same effect that is used in my mood boards as I think it makes the images look a bit more authentic to the time the Northern soul scene was big, it gives a retro vintage look as if the images were taken in the 70s rather than 2019. Also the lighting and flashlight in some of these images creates a more vintage look and makes them look a bit more like they weren't taken on a photo shoot but rather an actual northern soul night.
I picked these as my favourites as I think the composition of these works the best out of all the images taken and the poses and expressions on the models faces show the kind of feelings we wanted. This concept was never about smiling happy faces, we tried to show the joy and excitement through the movement, the emotions we wanted to show were meant to be more detached from the physical situation of being in a dance club, The emotions are about realisation and detachment.
Throughout experimentation and promotion t is these images and similar ones I will use the most as for the style I want to portray I think these will be the most effective















Comments
Post a Comment