Final series of Promotion
Final series of Promotion
This is my final completed series of Northern soul promotional pieces.
If my work were to be used as actual promotion these would be the images I would want to be placed around the city, in the locations I have mentioned previously and also anywhere that would gain from northern soul exposure.
Again with this series there is not much link to authentic northern soul promotion apart from the bold font is something that was used in many original posters. Continuing with the same thinking behind the promotion I have created a more modern style to fit with the changed times, if these were used in real life this style I think would fit in more with the modern scene rather than a fully retro kind of style.
I have tried to incorporate more aspects from my final image series, using a few of the same images, however these still have their own style, for example I have added layering with the text rather that changing the image, layering the text underneath the model creates a depth in the image, and detaches the front image from the rest which breaks up my original image meaning the concept isn't as predominant in these, which is what I wanted,I wanted the focus to be more on the exhibition not the concept.
If my work were to be used as actual promotion these would be the images I would want to be placed around the city, in the locations I have mentioned previously and also anywhere that would gain from northern soul exposure.
Again with this series there is not much link to authentic northern soul promotion apart from the bold font is something that was used in many original posters. Continuing with the same thinking behind the promotion I have created a more modern style to fit with the changed times, if these were used in real life this style I think would fit in more with the modern scene rather than a fully retro kind of style.
I have tried to incorporate more aspects from my final image series, using a few of the same images, however these still have their own style, for example I have added layering with the text rather that changing the image, layering the text underneath the model creates a depth in the image, and detaches the front image from the rest which breaks up my original image meaning the concept isn't as predominant in these, which is what I wanted,I wanted the focus to be more on the exhibition not the concept.



Comments
Post a Comment